our Mission Statement
Fort Larned USD 495 is committed to developing and maintaining an environment that ensures all students will be prepared to meet the challenges of the ever-changing world. By building bridges with parents, community members, and local businesses, students will obtain the academic skills and personal characteristic necessary to effectively communicate, utilize resources available to them, and maintain a safe and healthy lifestyle. We commit to this mission by providing a comprehensive system of support.
USD 495 VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Reading, Writing, and Math are the foundation skills necessary for all other learning, enabling students to reach their full potential.
- Students will act in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, and a never-give-up attitude
- A low pupil-to-teacher ratio is important to address the needs of all students
- It is essential that the students, parents, and community accept joint responsibility in the education of our students
- To foster student potential, instruction must be meaningful and based on researched best practices
- It is essential for student success to have an effective educator in every classroom
- Ensure a visionary and effective leader in every school
- A well established line of communication throughout the district keeps all stake-holders informed