USD 495 Serves “Grab and Go Meals” for Children Starting March 25, 2020
Beginning March 25, 2020, free breakfast and lunch will be provided to all children (does not have to be a USD 495 student) ages 1 to 18 at four sites in the Fort Larned School District. Children must be present to receive breakfast and lunch. This is based upon Federal Guidelines that the child has to be present and we are mandated to follow.
- No reservations are needed
- Meals will be available for pick up on the south side of LMS, the District Office parking lot on the east side of building, in front of the Garfield Library and in the Pawnee Rock City Park. Please only pick up from one location per day.
- Meals will be prepackaged and placed on a table for individual pick up.
- One breakfast and one lunch will be given for each child present.
- An adult accompanying children may pick up the meals for each child without all children needing to exit the vehicle.
- Please follow social distancing and avoid crowding when coming to the table.
- Children are allowed to pick up a meal without an adult accompanying them.
Meals are prepared by USD 495 District Food Service staff and distributed following food safety and sanitary practices.
These meals are funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Larned Middle School, 904 Corse
- District Office, 120 E. 6th
- Garfield Library, 217 E. 3rd, Garfield
- Pawnee Rock City Park, Santa Fe & Centre, Pawnee Rock
Dates: Beginning March 25, 2020
- Larned Middle School and District Office ~ 11:30am - 12:30pm on Mondays through Fridays
- Garfield and Pawnee Rock ~ 11:45am - 12:15pm on Mondays through Fridays
Contact the Food Services Director with any questions at 620-285-3185 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Menus will be rotated and posted on the District website at usd495.com. Menus are subject to change due to availability of food products.
Each breakfast meal includes these components: Fruit, Grain and Milk
Each lunch meal includes these components: Protein, Fruit/Vegetable, Grain and Milk
USD 495 Superintendent